Monday, June 30, 2014

Another Goodbye

I am soooo behind on these posts, so I'm just going to share some pictures today that are several weeks old. In April, we traveled to Oregon to attend Austin and Sophie's Great Uncle Myke's funeral. He was always very kind to me and I'm sorry they won't get to know him better. Tonight they are holding a concert to celebrate his life in Jacksonville, Oregon. I wish we could have gone, but instead, we went to Poor House Bistro, here in San Jose, and we toasted him with some blues in the background. That was the last place we saw him play, when he toured with Cee Cee James. We miss you, Grunkle Myke.






















These are the pictures from the day of the funeral, which we tried to go to. The kids and I managed to make it into the church, but then Austin kept saying (loudly), "We're in a movie theater!" So we waited outside.













No comments:

Post a Comment