Monday, August 22, 2016

Yosemite Day 2

I just realized I never actually posted this. So even though it's not timely, at least it's public :)

The next day the snow was done snowing. We could actually see the mountains that had been right on top of us. We could see a waterfall from just outside our door.




This is a different waterfall. THEY WERE EVERYWHERE.





 We went ice skating in the shadow of Half Dome. They have a fire pit next to the rink and sell you s'mores packages. Pro tip: be the third family to do s'mores. The kits easily make enough for 10 people and we wound up sharing ours.







I cannot say enough good things about Yosemite. It was beautiful. The people there were unfailingly nice and friendly, reminding me of summer camps I went to as a child. Everyone we ran into was happy to have snowball fights, build snowmen, share a seat on the bus. I will remember this for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment